ADMINISTRATION according to http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/administration
: the activities that relate to running a company, school, or other organization
: a group of people who manage the way a company, school, or other organization functions
: a government or part of a government that is identified with its leader (such as a U.S. president or British prime minister)
Office Administrators have many roles. They are there to assist in administrative affairs and take responsibilities off the Pastor. There role will vary from Church to Church, but here’s a guide to what you can include when writing up a Position Description.
Position: Church Administrator
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Summary: Casual Part-time
The church administrator is responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative affairs of the church. The administrator must work closely with the senior pastor and the church board. Responsible for supervising all office, website & social media maintenance and volunteer staff. The Administrator is also responsible for overseeing all the petty cash budget of the church.
- Must be an active member of ___________________Church.
- Administrative experience is essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people skills. Must be able to possess a positive attitude when working with people of varying backgrounds, cultures, races, social standings, and attitudes.
- Must be able multi-task.
- Must have integrity.
- Must be dependable and a team player.
- Must be approachable.
- Must be able to handle crises, be flexible, and be resourceful.
- Must be able to keep confidence and be trustworthy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the church office runs smoothly and in excellence.
- Stay abreast of changing technology and other things that enhance the church’s ability to achieve excellence in ministry.
- Work closely with ministry leaders in event planning to ensure all church policies are adhered to and the event is a success.
- Research purchase of communion cups, tissues, coffee cups, plastic cups, furniture, computers, office equipment, stationery, conference materials, mothers/fathers days gifts and other items needed within the Church.
- Work with staff and ministry department heads to determine equipment needs.
- Work with staff, departments and other leadership to establish and implement church policies in line with the church’s vision and Federal & State laws.
- Create posters/flyers of future events.
- Organise and create images for slideshow announcements.
- Oversea and communicate using Social Media tools.
- Maintain files of all legal documents of the church.
- Develop and oversee implementation of financial policies, procedures and reporting.
- Co-sign cheques and online banking payments. Keep petty cash records and operate EFTPOS machine.
- Meet and greet public.
- Direct incoming calls and/or take messages.
- Direct incoming emails and send emails as needed.
- Collect mail and distribute to appropriate people.
- Type, photocopy, fax, print documents as assigned.
- Keep church’s calendar up to date.
- Keep office neat and organized and maintain a Godly atmosphere.
- Ensure new members and first time visitors receive their visitors card and add to database when returned.
- Maintain an organized filing system.
- Safeguard confidential records and members’ contribution information.
- Maintain up-to-date membership files by entering information into the church management system.
- Maintain Church Directory and birthday list and print Church Directory for pastors every year.
- Keep track of all trainings and classes offered by the church.
- Design weekly bulletin, flyers, newsletters, etc.
- Maintain Church Website weekly by upgrading website, uploading sermons & designing sermon icons and upload weekly newsletters.
- Facilitate conference promotion, registrations and mail out.
- Contact ministry leaders for AGM reports. type, compile and distribute.
- (Other duties as assigned)
At least one year secretarial experience
Must be knowledgeable and experienced in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office software, to include: Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Excel. Candidate with some Adobe Photoshop or InDesign experience is a plus.
Must be knowledgeable in database management and willing and able to learn new software applications.
Must be able to be discreet and not participate in gossip.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Assisting you – with years of experience.
Saving you time – by helping you tick off that to do list.
Church administration office templates and forms covering Christian youth groups, kids ministry, adult ministry, baptisms, baby dedications, camps, creche, attendance forms, tithing forms, etc. can be downloaded directly from this website instantly https://sellfy.com/churchsupportaustralia
Templates can be edited and printed, even by professional printers.
If you want something totally different or are after a document that’s not in the shop, contact me and we’ll whip one up in no time.
Fees are very cheap, as my importance is on the Church using their money to reach their community,rather than spend it all on staffing and resources.